Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Paris


I realize I haven't been doing much writing lately and I feel quite guilty. I wish I could come up with some sort of legitimate excuse but I've just been caught up in school and teenage bullshit. Fortunately, my morale decided to stop being so flacid with some motivation from little miss Paris, and the rest of Europe of course. Their culture is not starkly different from American culture, but there's a Romanticism to it. Yes, yes. The Louvre is lovely and Notre Dame is stunning inside and out but it was really about watching the amiable interactions of people in pĆ¢tisseries and boulangeries acting like they've known eachother for years, when you know that they've just met and the feeling you get when you walk through a Parisien street market having your eyes move rapidly from rack to rack trying to keep up with your feet. Sadly the market I went to (in St. Ouen) was mostly closed because it was only open on the weekends. However, a couple stores were still open and I was able to buy some lace up ankle boots and a sharp pair of black cigarette pants. I'm kinda in love.

Yours Truly,
Mimz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment